The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor subject to the approval of the City Council and is the custodian of all City records.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk include:
- Keeping a record of all Council proceedings and authenticating all Ordinances and Resolutions, maintaining them as public records.
- Processing liquor licenses, solicitors permits, tow truck licenses, and emergency alarm licenses.
- Serving as the authorized official for candidate filings and submitting certifications and other information relative to municipal elections to the St. Louis County Board of Election Commissioners; also, ensuring the City is in compliance with the election laws and procedures as set forth by State and County regulations.
- Administering the Oath of Office to Police officers of the City of Bridgeton.
- Opening all bids publicly for all departments of the City.