Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Request for Proposals
Filter Pump Renovation
City of Bridgeton, Missouri
Bridgeton Family Aquatic Center
Friday, February 26 by 10:00 a.m.
City of Bridgeton
clo City Clerk
12355 Natural Bridge Road Bridgeton, Missouri 63044 (314) 739-7500
Filter Pump Renovation
I. INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
Please Read All Instructions Carefully
1. Bids submitted in accordance with the specifications contained herein will be received by the City of Bridgeton until10:00 a.m., Friday, February 26, 2021.All sealed bids should be delivered to the Bridgeton City Clerk at 12355 Natural Bridge Road, Bridgeton, Missouri,63044.
2. Bid proposals will be opened publicly immediately following the deadline of 10:00 a.m., Friday, February 26,2021 in the Council Chamber of Bridgeton City Hall,12355 Natural Bridge Road, Bridgeton,MO,63044
3. The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any technicalities and to select the bid deemed by the City Administrator and Parks and Recreation Director to be in the best interest of the City.
4. Bid Proposals are to be contained in a sealed envelope, plainly marked "Filter Pump Renovation". Include the name of the bidder, date and time of the bid deadline on the front of the envelope.
5. Bid proposal forms (attached) must be completed and signed. Failure to complete the forms attached is cause for rejection of bids.
7. The City requires that the project be completed no later than May 3, 2021.
8. All specifications listed are intended to be preferred function and performance specifications. No specifications should be construed as representing any particular brand of material. Bidders should propose to furnish materials that come closest to meeting the details of the specifications. Where deviations are necessary, bidder must specify such deviation in the bid proposal, stating why materials he/she proposes will render equivalent reliability or performance. Failure to detail all such deviations will provide a basis for rejection of the entire proposal.
9. The City of Bridgeton is exempt from all sales tax. Exemption certificates will be furnished upon request.
10. Questions regarding this bid request should be directed to Brendan Kane, Parks and Recreation
Director, 4201Fee Fee Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044, firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-687-4470.
11. Contractors are responsible for the timely delivery of bid packages to the Bridgeton City Clerk at
1.0 SCOPE OF WORK
The City of Bridgeton is accepting proposals from qualified licensed contractors to have the pool filter pump removed and serviced and the following replaced- gear box valves (3), check valve (1), Neptune Benson Guardian strainer (1), and all necessary piping and hardware replaced at the Bridgeton Family Aquatic Center, 4201 Fee Fee Road, Bridgeton, Missouri 63044. This RFP invites companies to submit proposals describing the renovation from planning to completion within the minimum criteria set by the City of Bridgeton.
2.0 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
Request for Proposal: January 29, 2021
Pre Bid Meeting @ 2pm (Mandatory) February 18, 2021
Proposal Deadline NO LATER THAN 10:00 AM CST: February 26, 2021
Selected Firm Interviews: March 1, 2021
Contract Award: March 2, 2021
Construction Dates: March 3 - May 3, 2021
3.0 RFP PROCESS
City's Rights and Options
The City of Bridgeton, at its sole discretion, reserves the following rights:
• Supplement, add to, delete from and change this RFP document;
• Determine which respondent, if any, shall be selected for negotiations;
• Reject any or all proposals or information received pursuant to this RFP;
• Cancel this RFP with or without the substitution of another RFP;
• Request additional data or information after the submittal date, if such data or information is considered pertinent, in the municipality's sole view, to aid the review and selection process;
• Conduct investigations with respect to the qualifications and experience of each respondent
• Take an action affecting the RFP or the services or facilities subject to this
RFP that would be in the best interests of the municipality;
• Require one or more respondents to supplement, clarify or provide additional information in order for the city to evaluate the RFPs submitted;
• Waive any defect or technicality in any RFP received;
• Reject any portion of any submittal and/or reject all submittals, to waive any informalities or regularities in the submittals or tore-advertise
The city will make available, at contractors request, all original construction documents and drawings to assist in the preparation of their proposals. Staff will also provide access to the facility during the proposal period so that contractors can familiarize themselves to existing conditions.
Expense of Submittal Preparation
This RFP is a public document. By responding to this RFP, respondents waive any challenges to the City's decision in this regard. Not-withstanding the foregoing, respondents recognize and agree that the municipality will not be responsible or liable in any way for any losses that the respondent may suffer from the disclosure of information or materials to third parties.
No information or clarification of the meaning of any part of this RFP will be made orally to any respondent. Respondents must request such interpretation or clarification in writing from the city by email. The city will circulate to all other respondents the questions and answers.
Questions should be directed to: Brendan Kane, Parks and Recreation Director, 4201Fee Fee Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044. Email: email@example.com
All clarifications or addenda shall become part of this RFP.
4.0 GENERAL PROVISIONS OF THE SPECIFICATIONS
All materials, workmanship, and labor will be warrantied for 1 year.
All work will be coordinated with the Aquatic Supervisor. Construction on the outdoor pool shall start after contract is awarded and be completed before May 3, 2021. Should any unavoidable delays cause the Contractor to go beyond this deadline, the Contractor shall notify the City in writing, and the Contractor shall be extended as the City deems reasonable.
Should the Contractor go beyond this date for no justifiable reason, the Contractor agrees to be held liable for and have deducted from his pay, one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each calendar day beyond the deadline.
All waste materials, workmen debris, lunch bags, etc. shall be cleaned from the job site each day. Should these items not be satisfactory removed, the City reserves the right to charge the Contractor's final bill appropriate costs for such cleaning.
Prevailing wages paid to all workers shall comply with the wages rates established by the Missouri Division of Labor Standards. The contractor shall comply with, and is bound by, the provisions of Missouri statues pertaining to the payment of wages on public works project.
5.0 PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Respondents are requested to submit sealed proposals marked "Filter Pump Renovation” by mail or in person to: City Clerk, Bridgeton Government Center, 12355 Natural Bridge Road, Bridgeton MO, 63044.
Proposals are due on Friday, February 26, 2021 by 10:00 A.M. CST.
The proposals will be reviewed by an Evaluation Team. After evaluation, the Evaluation
Team may request in person interviews to be held March 1, 2021.
Mandatory requirements that the respondents must provide in the proposal:
1- Signed Proposal Form (6.0)
2- A detailed lay-out of the proposed project, construction designs, drawings and any other information that details or explains the proposal.
3- Proposed schedule with completion date of May 3, 2021.
4- Total cost of project.
5- Three (3) references from three (3) different organizations for which the proponent has developed similar concepts. The information must include contact name, current telephone number and email.
6- References and experience for all subcontractors must be submitted. All subcontractors must be licensed and bondable.
a. Bodily Injury Liability Insurance
General and Automobile - $500,000 each person
General - $2,000,000 each occurrence b. Property Damage Insurance
General and Automobile- $500,000 each occurrence
General - $2,000,000 aggregate
c. The Vendor will be required to list "The City of Bridgeton" as an additional insured under their policy.
Each proposal will be evaluated against the terms in the RFP and graded using the following criteria:
1. Price (30%)
2. Experience (25%)
3. Equipment (25%)
4. References (20%)
The city may reject any proposal found to be incomplete, unresponsive or not in compliance with the format requirements set forth in this RFP. A proposal may be determined to be unresponsive if any aspect is found to be unacceptable or contrary to the best interests of the municipality.
The city intends to select the most responsive respondent and to negotiate an Agreement. However, should the negotiation with the most responsive respondent not produce an acceptable contract arrangement, the municipality will request the next most responsive respondent to begin negotiations. The city reserves the right to reject any and all responses to this RFP and is under no obligation to award a contract.
BID PROPOSAL FORM
The undersigned hereby submits this bid for the purchase of Filter Pump Renovation as per specifications.
The City is exempt from sales taxes, etc. The City's tax exempt number will be furnished to the successful bidder.
Unit Price of Filter Pump Renovation
(including set-up & delivery)
Total $ ____
The bid as stated above is valid for thirty (30) days from and after the date of bid opening.
The City reserves the right to waive irregularities, reject any and all bids, or accept the lowest and best bid in the interest of the City of Bridgeton. Any bid not marked and sealed in the attached envelope may be rejected by the City.
It is understood that this bid must be submitted on or before 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 26th, 2021 in a sealed envelope, clearly marked "FILTER PUMP RENOVATION".
Bid submitted by:
Signature and Title
S E A L
(If bid is by a corporation)
Company or Business
Address w/ZIP code